feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

My First Yahoo Pipe - SWOT Analysis

Labels: ,

My day started with an exciting creation. Yesterday I got to play with a recent introduction named Yahoo Pipes. In simple terms, Yahoo pipe is an information aggregator which can be used to aggregate information from various sources. In addition to this, data collected from different sources can be conditioned, processed and formatted to desired output. Surprisingly creating a Yahoo pipe was very easy and instantaneous.

Today I extended my yahoo pipe learning to create a pipe for doing a SWOT analysis. I thought it would be a cool to share my learning's.

Click Here to see My Pipe URL

Following are the steps to create a Yahoo pipe

1. Go to pipes.yahoo.com/pipes
2. Click on Mypipe and create a new pipe
3. Name your pipe
4. Select the input data from the toolset. I selected a Text input and name it Company Name.
5. Select the String from the toolset for concatenating the words such as "Strength's", "Weaknesses", "Opportunity", and "Threats". You should have 4 String box for each attribute.
6. Select 4 Source objects from the toolset. I selected Yahoo search. At this stage connect each string attribute to the source attribute. This would result in fetching data for individual keyword. For e.g. If you have Company name as Amazon, you should get output for Amazon Strengths
7. Select a Union operator and link every source object to it
8. Finally connect the Union operator to the pipe output. Now hit preview pipe, if you see the results - Hurray - You have created your first pipe.

You can view my SWOT Analysis pipe here ...



Following is a list of my other pipes.













0 comments:

Post a Comment